Best Physician, Dr. Ghassan Fanous
Best Physician, Dr. Ghassan Fanous
Best Nurse, Laura Weathers
General Women's Health
Pregnancycdc.gov (Center for Disease Control)
Frequently Asked Questions:
Where is your office located?
What are your hours?
What is your fax number?
What hospitals does Dr. Fanous use?
Is Dr. Fanous board certified?
Will Dr. Fanous deliver my baby?
I need a copy of my medical records. What do I do?
What labs does Dr. Fanous use?
Where should I get a mammogram?
When will I get my lab results?
Can I schedule an appointment online?
Can I email a medical question directly to my doctor's office?
What about parking near your building?
Can I pre-register for admission to MCH or ORMC?
What insurance plans do you accept?
What does "in-network" or "out-of-network" mean?
Will my insurance pay for my visit?
What questions should I ask my insurance company when verifying my benefits for my appointment?
What is a "global fee"?
What is an "ob deposit" or "surgery deposit?"
What is a deductible?
What is co-insurance?
What is a "co-pay"?
What is a "contracted fee"?
Will Dr. Fanous file my insurance claim for me?
Will Dr. Fanous file my secondary insurance?
Do you accept credit cards or debit cards? Which ones?
I have no insurance. How much will my visit cost, and when am I expected to pay?
Do you offer any discounts for self-pay patients?
I have a question about my bill from CPL.
I have a question about my bill from Dr. Fanous.
I have a question about my bill from MCH or ORMC.
Do you make payment arrangements?
- Where is your office located? We are located in the Wheatley Stewart Pavilion, across the street from and on the north side of the MCH Emergency Room.
In Odessa, take 8th Street west past Grant/Highway 385. Turn left at Washington Avenue, and our parking garage is at the corner of 6th and Washington. There are entrances to the parking garage on 5th and 6th streets. There is also free valet parking if you drive to the port-a-cochere of The Pavilion, which is midway on the block of 5th Street between Washington and Allegheny Avenue. Our office is on the 4th floor.
From Midland, take IH 20 to Odessa. Take exit 116 toward Andrews/Crane/385, and turn right at US 385/S. Grant. Turn left at 5th Street, and the parking garage entrance is on 5th between Washington and Allegheny Avenue. There Is free valet parking one block south of the parking garage entrance, under the port-a-cochere for The Pavilion. Our office is on the 4th floor.
Click here for our map.
- What are your hours? Our offices are open from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Thursday, and 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Friday. Appointments are required; we do not accept walk – ins.
- What is your fax number? (432) 331-9981
- How do I reach Dr. Fanous after hours for an emergency? The Doctor's Exchange provides our after hours phone coverage. If you have an emergency, call them at 432.334.4050 to be connected to Dr. Fanous, or CALL 911. Click here for more information Click here for more info.
- What hospitals does Dr. Fanous use? Dr. Fanous provides services at MCH and ORMC. You can find out more information about MCH and ORMC by visiting their web page.
- Is Dr. Fanous board certified? What does that mean? Yes, Dr. Fanous is board-certified by the American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology. This means that he has ongoing written examinations and educational credits in his field. The intent of the certification of physicians is to provide assurance to the public that those certified by this board have successfully completed an approved training program and an evaluation process assessing their ability to provide quality patient care in the specialty.
- Will Dr. Fanous deliver my baby? Dr. Fanous does not share call and most likely will be there for your delivery. However, he does leave town on rare occasions. In this case, deliveries are entrusted to his colleague, Dr. Raymond Martinez. Dr. Martinez will provide the same excellent level of care you expect from Dr. Fanous.
- I need a copy of my medical records. What do I do? You may download our release of medical records information form, complete it, and fax it to our office. There may be a fee associated with this request.
- What labs does Dr. Fanous use? Where are they located? We primarily use Clinical Pathology Laboratory. They are conveniently located in our office for blood draws. You must have a requisition form from our office to have blood drawn. CPL has other locations throughout the Permian Basin as well. If your insurance requires you to use a lab other than CPL, you must inform us at your appointment. We will do our best to accommodate you.
- Where should I get a mammogram? MCH and ORMC provide mammograms, as does Allison Imaging for our Midland patients. Our office will schedule this appointment for you at your convenience.
- When will I get my lab results? That depends on the type of lab you had done. Some types of pathology take longer than others. Ask Dr. Fanous or a staff member how and when you can expect to receive your lab results.
- Can I schedule an appointment online? Unfortunately, no, but we hope to offer this option after we switch to electronic medical records. To schedule an appointment, please call (432) 582-2280
- Can I email a medical question directly to my doctor's office? Unfortunately, no. We do not exchange any medical advice/information via the internet. Please call the office with your questions.
- What about parking near your building? Ample, free, parking is available in the parking garage adjacent to our building. In addition, Wheatley Pavilion offers free valet parking in the port-a-cochere on the south side of our office building.
- Can I pre-register for admission to MCH or ORMC? Yes, you will be provided with a pre-registration form on your visit. If you did not receive one, please ask a staff member.
- What insurance plans do you accept? We accept most insurance plans. Visit our "Accepted Insurance Plans" page or call our office at (432) 582-2280.
- What does "in-network" or "out-of-network" mean? HMO and PPO plans generally have provider books or lists that show you which doctors are in-network for your plan (meaning which doctors have contracts with your insurance plan). By choosing a provider from your insurance list, you will obtain the highest benefit your policy offers. If you choose to see an out-of-network physician (one who does not appear on their list), generally the benefit is less (maybe none), meaning higher patient financial responsibility. Every insurance is different, so we encourage you to check your insurance before your appointment.
- Will my insurance pay for my visit? Only your insurance company can answer that. We make every effort to verify your benefits prior to your visit and ask that you do the same so that you are informed of your coverage.
- What questions should I ask my insurance company when verifying my benefits for my appointment? Please download the forms and follow the questions as listed. Please bring that completed form to your appointment.
- What is a "global fee"? Global fee is a term used to describe how most insurance companies require that we bill for your maternity care. This global fee includes all of your routine prenatal visits, the delivery, and a post-partum follow up visit. Lab work, ultrasounds, hospital visits, all hospital charges, circumcision, etc. are not part of the global fee and are billed separately.
- What is an "ob deposit" or "surgery deposit"? An OB Deposit is the amount estimated to be "your portion" of your maternity care with our office. It is paid at the beginning of the pregnancy and held as a deposit until the delivery and any other claims are paid. At that time, the deposit is applied to your remaining balance (according to your insurance company), then you will either be refunded or billed the difference. A surgery deposit is the amount estimated to be "your portion" of an upcoming surgical procedure. It is paid prior to surgery and held until your surgery claim has been paid. The deposit is then applied to the remaining balance (according to your insurance company), then you will either be refunded or billed the difference.
- What is a deductible? A deductible is an amount of money predetermined by the insurance company that a patient pays out of pocket before the insurance company is responsible for any benefit payments.
- What is co-insurance? Co-insurance is when the insured shares the cost of a medical claim up to a certain amount. For example, many companies offer plans that pay claims at 80%. This means that the patient would pay 20% of the claim.
- What is a "co-pay?" Generally, this is a set amount of money (by the insurance) that an insured patient pays at each visit.
- What is a "contracted fee?" A contracted fee is a term used by an insurance company to refer to a dollar amount that a physician can collect for a specific service. This amount has been agreed upon by the insurance company and the physician. For example, Dr. Fanous may bill $50 for a particular procedure, but for XYZ insurance company the contracted fee is $40. This means that $10 is "not allowed" and therefore not collectible; the maximum amount we can collect is $40.
- Will Dr. Fanous file my insurance claim for me? Dr. Fanous will file your claim if we are "on the insurance plan." Meaning we are "in-network" or "contracted" with the insurance company.
- Will Dr. Fanous file my secondary insurance? Yes, as long as he is contracted (in-network) with your secondary carrier.
- Do you accept credit cards or debit cards? Which ones? Yes, we do accept credit and debit cards. We accept Visa, MasterCard, Discover, and American Express.
- I have no insurance. How much will my visit cost and when am I expected to pay? If you call us prior to your visit and let us know why you are coming in, we can ESTIMATE the cost of your visit. We cannot guarantee any fees until after you have had your appointment. Payment is expected at the time of service.
- Do you offer any discounts for self-pay patients? Our private pay fee schedule is at a discounted rate.
- I have a question about my bill from CPL. First call CPL at the number on the bill. They should be able to answer your questions. If they direct you back to your doctor's office, call our business office at (432) 582-2280.
- I have a question about my bill from Dr. Fanous. Call our office at (432) 582-2280.
- I have a question about my bill from MCH or ORMC. Call MCH or ORMC billing department directly at the number on the bill.
- Do you make payment arrangements? Payment is expected at the time of service. Payment arrangements may be an option in special cases. You may contact our business office at (432) 582-2280 to discuss your situation.